Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A New Action Plan

I have an attitude problem.

I'm not sure where it came from, but I wish it would go back there.  I'm tired of the way I'm acting.  I stopped taking my Paxil about 3 months ago, which coincidentally, is about the time my attitude showed up.  Hmmm...correlation?  Probably

I don't want to be on meds...I really, really don't.  But I'm beginning to think maybe I need to be.  I really thought once I got through my major life-stressors, that I could leave them behind.  I'm beginning to re-think that position.

Because THAT position is causing me to be in another not so fun position, getting some not so wanted attention.

I am bitchy....and rude.....and fly off the handle...and raise my voice....and fight to the death over the STUPIDEST things.  I'm tired of it....and K is tired of it.....and it's taking a toll on our relationship.

So, I've come up with a plan of action:

1.  Call the doctor!  I have an appointment next week with a new doctor (ugh) to review my chemical needs.

2.  Ask for K's help.....gulp....can't believe I did it, but something has got to give.  It's my deal...I know it and I need to fix it, but I need him too.  So this is what we came up with....

A.  There will be a low to zero tolerance for bitchiness, rudeness, raised voice, or general disrespect.  I have been raising my voice to K and not even realizing it...that's how out of hand it's gotten.

B.  There will be swift and sure consequences at the moment of the occurence...a couple hard swats usually get my attention very quickly and let me know he means business.  In the past, he would try to "talk me down" or reason with me.  Right now, I am not a reasonable person.

C.  If any correction of the above sort is needed during the day, we will have a meeting that night before bed where it will be addressed again.  He's already told me he will not hesitate to use the paddle...every night if need be.  Have I ever told you how much I hate that frickin' paddle?

D.  I have a tendency to get rude and disrespectful during our phone calls.  K's office is almost 2 hours away from our home, so he does A LOT of driving and we have a lot of phone calls to each other.  Somehow, I almost always use this time to push the boundaries of my tone and attitude.  No more....he will call me on it with one warning only...then I will be waiting....probably without any pants for him to get home...and it will be dealt with not only then, but during our "meeting" before bed.

E.  He will use more mental exercises to get me back into my submissive mindset....I'm not sure what that entails, but I'm sure it will be effective.

I asked him if he found this all ridiculous...do I ask too much? Am I too needy? 

He fully embraces all of my suggestions.  He said he's been thinking the same thing, but he doesn't want to rule with an iron fist...he doesn't want to stifle who I am....but he agrees that something has to be done, it's gotten way out of hand. 

And he told me he was proud of me for recognizing the problem, and taking the responsibility not only for my actions but in trying to find a solution to fix it.  He also said that he wasn't "playing".  If I just wanted a spanking every night, to just say so...b/c if I asked for and agreed for this, it was going to happen....every day....and every night....until it was better.  He said he would work on the way he talked to me also, that respect goes both ways.  I'm ashamed to say he's been much better about this than I have lately.  But it's going to change...it has to.

I want us to be ok.  I want to be the best person I can for him and for us.  I want this to work.....and I really think it will.


6 comments:

  1. Bless your heart!! Your poor bottom suffering over a little pill! LOL I have several people in my life who are on medications for chemical imbalance/depression/anxiety and I have an a lot of empathy of all of them as my S struggles with depression. I know that its hard to "swallow" the thought of having to be on one of these types of medications, for fear of with others might think. I'm here to tell you that my S and I nearly divorced because he hated taking his. He was withdrawn, depressed, unengaged, blah, blah.

    Had I been able to live with a depressed person and know that it wasn't my failings that caused him to be that way, I don't know that would have made it any easier.

    We hit rock bottom... he got on his meds and got healthy... I support him when he's still having days when he isn't quite up to par, but they are farther and fewer between. I love him terribly. Needing meds doesn't mean he is any lesser of a person. I have medications that I have to take.. one for high blood pressure, one for low thyroid...I have several more... does it make me any lesser of a person because my body needs these meds? Nope... I say that the only bad thing about needing meds is needing them and not taking them!!

    Hope your feeling better soon!! Behind and all! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I think I've told you this before, but you are a brave lady! I so hope that these guidelines don't end up overwhelming you, because it sure looks like he's going to take them seriously.

    I think it's great that you are going to see your doctor and remember, this isn't just "your stuff", that you are responsible to fix. One of the sweet things about relationship is that we are supposed to own each other's pain and struggles. We aren't on our own to fix it anymore, which is both sweet and confounding, because sometimes those men do step in and help...not always in the ways we want them too.

    I hope it all starts to fall into place and works out well, with very few uses of that blasted paddle. I'm sure it was you that commented somewhere about a paddle rapture. I just about choked on my coffee, was laughing so hard. Let's make that happen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a brilliant action plan :) sounds like he really taking you hand and is dead set serious on this....with his strong leadership and perhaps some new medication you will be feeling so much better soon I am sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. K's Sweetie, if it IS a brain chemistry issue, which I agree, it does sound like, maybe you might consider talking to K and giving yourself some time to adjust to meds before you put this plan in place? Anger and irritableness are a real symptom of depression and just maybe, you can't control it...that is what emotional/brain issues are about...uncontrollable feelings. I doubt any amount of punishment is going to have an impact...it's kind of like punishing you for having high blood pressure symptoms, you know? Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're both on the same page, same paragraph, same word. I love that he's praising your efforts and letting you know he's there!! I would say 'good luck', but I don't think you need it. I will be happy to send pillows for ya if you need 'em! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mikki,
    I guess it's my own problem that I don't want to admit that I'm not in control of my own body. I think things will be much better once I get back on my program. Thanks for the empathy!

    Susie,
    It has already started to help. I know when I am out of control, and I've let myself just "go there". It was easier than reigning myself in..and it was childish. Having a set plan in place has really helped me make the right decision of whether to take the high road or dissolve into a seething heap. Still waiting on the "paddle rapture".

    Kiwi,
    Thanks...I think we're on the right track.

    Sara,
    I've been through this before and my issue is thinking I could cure it on my own. I do need the chemical help, much as I don't want to admit it. K is really good about knowing when I am flying off the handle because of non-meds as opposed to when I'm just giving in to my childish tantrums (gulp, did I just say that?). It's the latter that we are dealing with......thanks for your kind words.

    Rogue,
    If you could Fed-Ex those pillows...I'd be eternally grateful!

    ReplyDelete