Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Back on the Horse

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts, words, and emails.  K and I are much better today after a very long talk last night.  Wish I could say it was calm and adult-like the whole time, but I don't like to lie :)

However, it was productive.  I know my voice was heard.  I know he understands what I'm feeling.  I know he feels just awful.

I feel awful that HE feels awful. 

I guess the one's we love the most are the one's who have the capacity to hurt or wound us the most.  I'm working on moving past that and getting to the healing. 

It's like falling in love...if you never do, you never get hurt.  But you also miss out on what could be the most wonderful thing in your life.  If I harden my shell and never let him in b/c he might wound me, I'll never find the level of intimacy I know we can have.

It's all a learning process.  I'm truly blessed that I have a man who loves me enough to listen and adapt and try to not make the same mistakes over and over.  I love him enough to try again, without the shell.

It's all about the journey.....so I'm climbing back up on the horse....without a net.....b/c he will catch me...I know he will.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are feeling better, and that the two of you could communicate. Sometimes I think letting myself love my man the way I do, and allowing myself to be so vulnerable is just very stupid. But what's the alternative? I think the answer must be heart over head, and go for broke. For those of us who are so very blessed, it works out to be the best thing we ever did. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you were able to talk. It is very hard and scary to allow yourself to be so vulnerable, but it's worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee!

    Glad you got a chance to do both - sit with your feelings for a bit AND talk it out and come to a resolution. Kind of the best of both worlds, so to speak!

    Happy that you were able to work through it. I'm sure it feels awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,
    I left a comment on your last post but I think blogger ate it. I'm glad you talked - quiet and calm or not. Talking is the best thing to do (even though I rarely take my own advice.) I'm glad you could vent here and that you found support.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara,
    It's very scary to love someone so completely, but like you said...what is the alternative? I am truly blessed and sometimes I need a good swift kick in the butt to remind me!

    Baby,
    Thanks for caring and commenting. You are very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well done for talking and making progress....getting back on the horse is hard but its the only way - thinking of you both - :) love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you are feeling better and that you two had the chance to talk. :) I hope to find someone to love so completely one day and that he will love me so completely back. ;) Hugs & kisses

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I'm glad things are going better for you! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job! In my experience you will come out stronger on the other side of such difficult things. Words can cut so deep. But the right ones can heal, and he needs to understand what you are feeling and needing.

    ReplyDelete