Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Thursday, August 25, 2011

HA HA! I was Right!!

Before reading, please understand that most of the following exchange was done with an air of humor and levity......if it was serious, I wouldn't take such pleasure in the result....

So, a couple days ago, before my hate mail rant, I was telling you about the new plan of action K and I had established to get me out of my snit filled attitude.  It's actually something I came up with, and he helped me tweak (isn"t he so helpful?).

I actually made it 2 days before it came into effect....I will now pause for a brief moment of applause.

I should be contrite....I should be reflective....I should feel just a wee bit bad.....but I don't.

Because you see......I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!  HA HA!!  Did everyone catch that???  I WAS RIGHT!!

I have been really sweet for the past few days.  Not because of the threatened spanking, but because I finally feel more at peace with myself and K.  We have acknowledged the problem, come up with a plan, and are moving forward.  Things have been really good around here.

Last night, I came home where K was waiting for me.  This doesn't happen much as he usually works later, but he got done early and I had a tennis match that went longer than anticipated.  He was waiting for me with some good tunes and a nice cold beer (I just love coming home to him).  We were rehashing our day, laughing over some of the antics of the school kids I had taught that day, and generally just enjoying our time together til the kids came home.

We went out to start the grill when he said,"Oh baby, the funniest thing happened to me today."

He went on to relate a story of how he had run into the aunt of his son's ex-girlfriend, blah, blah, blah...how they had discussed the kids, how his son is getting married next week, yada, yada, yada. 

Now let me just say, I am not really a jealous person unless it's something blatantly flirtatious, so a harmless interaction like this really doesn't bother me.

HOWEVER, if you read my blog, you know that K is EXTREMELY psychotic jealous of any interactions I have with members of the opposite sex. AND, we just had an issue with this very thing last week over which I got paddled pretty severely....lesson learned (for me atleast).

As he finished his story, I just stared at him (yep, I'm learning a few things from my HOH)

"What?" he said, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Really?", I said," You just stood there and had idle chit chat with some RANDOM woman?" (this is one of his favorite sayings about men I encounter).

"Well, she kinda took me by surprise."

I stared

"We were talking about the kids"

Still staring

"I didn't want to be rude."

Really???  How many times have you told me I don't have to be nice to every guy who talks to me...that's it's okay to be rude and walk away??

"Honey, she was really ugly."

So, as long as I'm only talking to ugly men, that's ok?

"No, ofcourse not. But I'm the top and I have a different set of rules."

Are you kidding me?  You're not going to hold yourself to the same set of standards?  Let me just stop here and say, at the beginning, I was really only giving him a hard time and a dose of his own medicine...but now, I was getting a bit irked.

So I came back with this gem....."So, if I just had some random conversation with an ugly man I don't really know for no real reason, you'd be perfectly fine with it?"

He stared at me...I could see the wheels turning.....wait, wait......"No, I wouldn't.  You're right.  I'm sorry"

Excuse me?  I didn't quite hear that....what?

"You're right, I'm sorry.  It just happened before I knew it and I didn't want to be rude."

Well Hallelujah and pass the marshmallows...didn't I just use that same reason last week????  I'll be darn....

"Ok, you're right, I'll try to be more reasonable in the future.  I said I was sorry, and you were right, now lets move on."

Did I let it go?  Secure in the satisfaction of my right-ness??  Did I take the high road? 

Ofcourse not....I was smug....I was self-satisfied.....I was over the top.

I basked in my glory for about ten minutes....then I got 5 hard swats and a warning to knock it off or we would be having a "meeting" later.

So, I stopped...but I'm still smiling today...just a little.

18 comments:

  1. LOL!! Stared, still staring. Who could resist?? Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well OF COURSE you were right and smug you should be...good for you! You showed him how silly he is being, with at least some of his issues with these random meetings ...like, uh, they're just people and it's kinda hard to avoid ALL the ones with a Y, ya know? :)

    Oh...and that "rule for you and not for me" part...sooo lame (but they all try it once)...you hold your ground on THAT one!!!

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choice of words where you say "I was over the top." Was that intentional? K is your top, after all, and you were over him, topping him, in a sense.

    You raise an interesting issue--there do have to be different standards about behavior (for example, my lizard does not spank me, ever), but on the other hand, as Doms we have to be respectful and know our subs inside and out. This is all about mutual pleasure after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, that's brilliant! I especially like the staring him down. Why do they do that?? What's good for the goose is good for the gander. Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the giggle. I needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rogue,
    Thank you...I was a little proud of myself!

    Sara,
    I know he was kidding about the double rules, but I had him dead to rights and he was scrambling...it was kinda funny. Hopefully, I can demonstrate absurdity by being absurd (also one of his favorite sayings!)

    Neo,
    What you have to realize is most of this was said in jest and teasing. Had it been a REAL disagreement, I wouldn't have "gone there" necessarily. It was just fun to turn his own words around against him and watch him squirm...just a bit ;)

    Susie,
    I don't know where they learn that stare...must be HOH class or something..."How to Wilt your Sub with just a Look"...or "I won't Blink 101".

    Heather,
    Glad you enjoyed it...it was fun for a while! He's a pretty good sport too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. K:
    We have this kind of banter all the time. It's how we function.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you!! I hate double standards! Plus, being married to an overly possessive man, I can SO sympathize. You did great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful!! Don't you just love it when this kinda thing happens. I'm so glad you were quick enough to realize what was being said - I would have not realized how similar the situations were until too late!

    Hugs,
    Pk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love when we are right!!!!!!!!!! You did good making your point! :-) I probably would have had to be given a few warning swats too, I just get so excited when I'm right. :-) he he

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol! I would be smiling too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. NTP,
    You don't know how much I enjoyed watching him squirm...he usually gives as good as he gets,but he was at a loss here...hehehehe

    Audra,
    I couldn't help gloating...sure, it's unbecoming, but DARN it felt good!!

    Original,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stormy,
    Of all the people, I knew you'd totally GET this one! It was quite fun at the time...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm about to write a post about a mistake I made...these possessive men- sigh- exhausting, isn't it? Have to stay on our toes..or be staring at the carpet. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. heheheh dont you just love it when you are right - loved teh post - :) am grinning for you

    ReplyDelete
  16. K's sweetie--First of all, sorry I'm so late on commenting, lol! Apparently I was reading blogs too much and not getting enough done, and now I have to put work first and figure where reading/commenting can fit in, or else!
    Anyway, this post was so hilarious! I LOVE being in that situation, lol, when you can call them on their own rule! Bwahahahaha! As you can guess, I wouldn't have taken the high road either...:D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kiwi,
    Thanks sweetie!!

    Kay,
    I wondered where you were.....glad you're behaving yourself.....pause, grin, pause, smother laughter.....ok...resume....it really was great! Should have been here to see his wheels spinning trying to come up with any sort of answer...HA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey hon, just wondeing how you are doing and hoping you are back with us soon :) miss reading your posts :)

    ReplyDelete