Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hate Mail

Well...it happened.....

I don't know whether to laugh, be sad, ignore, or react.....

It was only a matter of time I guess....maybe I should be flattered....

Nah, I don't think so....

I got my first couple of hateful, hurtful, ignorant comments.

I was just saying to a fellow blogger the other day that I hadn't received any really hateful, rude or mean comments...probably because my entries aren't all that controversial.

Guess I was wrong.

My first inclination was to delete and ignore....which I did....but since I'm not really the "sweep in under the rug and pretend it didn't happen kind of girl", it's still on my mind.  I am also a "don't reward bad actions with a reaction" sort of girl too. 

But, I feel I must respond....just this once....so listen up!

To LOL, M Lynn, Anonymous, and anyone else who feels the need to leave hateful and ignorant comments about my posts:

You came to my site on your own accord (that's means willingly).  You sat and read my entry from start to finish.  You don't have to agree with my lifestyle any more than I have to agree with yours.  Your opinion is of no importance to me if you cannot phrase it in a respectful way.  I do not care about your perception of the bible or god's love.  You obviously have plenty of time on your hands, so here are some suggestions of things you can do other than take up MY time reading your ignorant, intolerant opinions:

1.  Volunteer at a soup kitchen
2.  Read to the elderly
3.  Keep America beautiful and clean up some litter.
4.  Visit your local animal shelter
5.  Donate blood
6. Garden
7.  Volunteer at a local school
8.  Read a good BOOK (not a blog)
9.  Meditate
10.  Pray for yourself and your intolerant attitude...honestly, WWJD?

You can do anything you want, but and let me put this so I will be perfectly clear.....

STAY THE HELL OFF MY BLOG!!!!

Your comments will not be read or published...they will be deleted upon receipt and no more thought will be given to them.  If you don't agree with my lifestyle and would truly like to discuss in an adult, open-minded manner, by all means, leave a message...if not, get a life and move on.

This is the first, last and only time I will take time out of MY day to respond to insensitive, close-minded people.  Go google somewhere else.  You're wasting my time.

To all my other wonderful blogging friends, I will be back to my normal, sweet self in tomorrow's blog and I'm sorry you had to waste your time with this....Have a wonderful day!



10 comments:

  1. It happens to all of us now and again. These sorts of commenters have no clue what they are talking about, but still have a lot to say. I never mind responding to intelligent questions or even engaging in a respectful debate, but bashing does not warrant anything but the delete button! If you are consistent with that policy, they WILL go away! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. those three names you mentioned - are one and the same person, she keeps commenting to me too but i just delete. I dont bother to read, despite what she might think - just immediate hit of the delete button.
    There appears to be no point in trying to block as she just keeps coming back under a new profile. Silly waste of time if you ask me.
    I hope you dont let her get you down or let her put you off posting, have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Girl! ! ! You tell them how it is. That is why I had to change the setting on my blog. I can get rid of the trash before it hits blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this happened to me the other day too..ALL Day LONG...It's tough...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe you have handled this beautifully. Like you I tend to quietly ignore rudeness most of the time. It takes them much more time to spew their brand of ignorance than it takes for me to click on the trash can where it belongs. Being ignored will cause them to lose interest and they'll go away.

    This is what I always intend to do but sometimes don't you want to fling stupidity right back at them? LOL! But as I've been told here before - don't wrestle with pigs, you'll just get dirty and the pig loves it!

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this person is one and the same. She attacked His First Mate under the name MGlyn, then admitted she isn't even married. I wouldn't post attacks of a personal nature either. Some people feed off of being critical, rather than having an intellectual discussion or debate. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction...

    Like you say...YOUR blog!!

    BTW, furate was my word. LOL! Fitting, dontcha think?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the support ladies. As I said, I'm only responding once b/c I have much better things to do. I just want my position to be perfectly clear to all. Respectful debate or disagreement is always welcome...that kind of garbage is NOT! Having said that, I'm ready to move on and enjoy our blogging world. I'm glad you are all in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get these all the time- don't even read it once i see where its headed. Honest open discussion I welcome, even challenging questions. But not verbal abuse or rudeness. Huh uh. Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Good for speaking back to those people! I have my own blog and from the very beginning I was receiving the same malicious comments you probably were. It got so bad that I actually left writing for some time now. Thanks to my Master that I finally realized that I should simply keep expressing my thoughts online. Keep posting and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete