Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

Until I met K, I had never heard of this tradition. Not sure I still get it completely....but I think the gist is that on the first day of the month, upon awakening, you are supposed to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" and you will have good luck for the entire month.  I'm not necessarily superstitious, but I'm not about to pass up an opportunity for some good luck either...especially since my horoscope said to go buy a lottery ticket (seriously).

But even if I don't hit the mega-millions or powerball...I still think I hit the jackpot.  I have a man who loves me to his very core.  One who is willing to put up with my s*^t, one who will set limits and enforce them and one who "gets" me...without judgement.  He understands that TTWD is who I am...is ingrained in my being...it makes me tick.

I wasn't always so lucky.  I have been married before.  I wish I could say he was a jerk, or an ass, or mean, or a thousand other things, but he wasn't.  He just wasn't the one for me and I definitely wasn't the one for him.  I steamrolled right over him.  I definitely wore the pants in the family...funny thing was, that's what I thought I wanted.....until I got it...too much.  Long story short, we divorced after 16 years of marriage and 4 boys.  Amicably, believe it or not....he's moved on, so have I, and the kids seem to be doing as fine as possible.

I didn't think I would ever find the kind of relationship that I read about in your blogs and on-line stories.  A real "take charge" man, one that I couldn't bend to my will just because I wanted to. I really, seriously didn't think those kind of guys existed, except in fantasies.  When I met K, I could see a glimmer of that guy, but MAN, how do you approach "THAT" subject? Luckily, the opportunity presented itself one day and instead of looking at me in horror or laughing in my face, K was very interested. Little did I know this was right down his alley....thankfully.

It will be one year at the end of this month since we started our DD relationship and although it's had it's share of ups and downs and sideways, I wouldn't trade it for the world...I truly hit the jackpot!

2 comments:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post! Sounds like you definitely hit the jackpot! I feel the same way...for some reason even stronger since we started TTWD. Weird how that works...LOL.

    Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you.

    I had to come to the same kind of realization. It's freeing!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete