Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Monday, June 6, 2011

A Love Letter to My Son

Today is a bittersweet day for me.  My youngest son has his LAST day of Junior High today.  I can't believe it.....where does the time go? It really seems like just yesterday that he was heading out the door for the first day of preschool with his new tennis shoes and Spiderman backpack.  How can my baby be starting high school? Soon he'll be driving, dating, and all the other wonderful things that make the teen years so special.  You would think I'd be used to this....I've been through it 3other times....but something about the last one gets me every time.  So in tribute to my son, I would like to say the following:

To my dearest, dearest son.  You have no idea how much joy you have brought into my life.  You have no idea how proud of you I am.  You are a wonderful person and a fine friend.  You bring laughter and love to all that you meet.  You are kind and caring to everyone regardless of their position in life.  As you forge ahead in life, I wish the following for you:

I wish that you find your passion in life.  I hope that passion drives you in all you do.

I hope you find a career in your life...not a job...a career....something that makes you happy to get up in the morning (or atleast after a couple hours).

I hope you discover the difference between a friend and an acquaintance.  I hope you have atleast 2 true friends at any point in your life.

I hope you come to appreciate your 3 older brothers.....it comforts me to know you will have each other when I am gone.

I hope you spend lots of time with your grandparents.  They love you to the moon and back...and they don't ask for much....just your time.

I hope you find love, lose it, and find it again...so you know how precious it really is, how hard it is to find....and you appreciate it when it is given to you.

I hope you learn the value of hard work...complete with sweat and tears....

I hope you learn to build bridges as you go through life...and that as you're building new ones, you are sure not to burn the old ones

I hope you remember the small town that helped raise you...and I hope you find a way to pay it forward for the next generation,

And lastly, I hope you know that my life would not be complete without you.  I hope you know I would walk through fire for you, fight a rabid bear, or swim the Missippi in a boulder bathing suit.  No matter how tall you get or where you go in life, I will always be here loving you, cheering you on and wishing only the best and brightest for you.

Love,
Mom

5 comments:

  1. Your son is so fortunate to have a mother who loves him the way you do.

    FD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful tribute to your son. Each stage that they look forward to with such anticipation hurts our hearts just a little. We're happy for them but ...

    I understand. This is the one year anniversary of my son moving to New York City and next Friday my baby graduates from high school. Keep breathing, we'll survive all this.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Florida Dom.... some day I might even let him read this...but only THIS entry...lol

    PK- Each stage is indeed bittersweet. My 3rd will graduate next year, then there's only one left. While it makes me a bit misty, I'm also eager to be able to focus on just K and I in the near future. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. It made me start to tear up, because I wish the same for my son, even though he can't walk or talk yet. It's an amazing feeling I'm still getting used to--that deep protective love for our child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay- I miss those days with my boys....cherish each and every moment with your son...the time goes so fast, you won't even believe it. Nothing is as deep and fierce as a mother's love for her child!

    ReplyDelete