Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

And Then the Bubble Popped...

So my sweet, warm and fuzzy bubble popped in a big way last night.  I'm sure you all heard the boom...and you probably just thought it was thunder.

K and I are moving in the next couple weeks....stress, stress, and more stress!  We tried to talk Sunday evening about how we were going to handle things so they didn't get out of hand.  That all sounds well and good on paper, but as we all know, reality is another beast all together.

K is a wonderful business man who has his hand in many, many projects.  As it always seems, they are all coming down to the wire at once.  He is a wound-up mess. His "right-hand" man is going to be gone a few days for his daughter's wedding which is making him even more crazy.

We were going to our new house last night to talk to the owner about last minute details, etc.  K called me on his way from the office (it's about an hour drive) just to talk since he and I had been very busy all day and hadn't really touched base.  He was still wound up from work...I should have known....but one of the first things out of his mouth was, "I don't know what kind of plans you've made for us this weekend, but you can forget it...I have to be at the shop". Now, I know he has to work...especially since the foreman is going to be gone, but it was something about the way he said it that really set me off. I found it very rude and disrespectful to me.  So I told him so...in no uncertain terms. Then I told him I needed to get off the phone...because I knew a major argument was brewing.

He must have thought about it because by the time he got home, he was as sweet as could be...ofcourse, I wasn't.  I get a bug up my butt (excuse the image) and I can't/won't let it go.  I made a couple of snippy comments to him.  Finally, he sat me down...looked me straight in the eye and said, "Look, I'm sorry for the way that came out...I just got off the phone with a client, I was pissed off.  I didn't mean for that to come out the way it did.  Please let it go and let's have a nice night...I'm sorry."

Should have been enough, right?  I should have shut my mouth and let it go, right?  Did I....OH NO...that would have been way too easy. 

I continued with some snarky comments ( I know, I know)....a few sly innuendoes (I'm so smart) and one outright bitchy sentence.

"That's it!"....gulp....."I told you that was enough"....taking me by the wrist into our bedroom....bending me over the bed (thankfully, pants still on as we were almost out the door).....5 hard swats on each side...."I told you I was sorry, I told you to let it go, I told you that was ENOUGH! Now get out of your bitch mode"

Did I stop? Did I say "ok,honey, I'm sorry, I quit, you're right"....ofcourse not.....instead, I came up with this brillant little nugget...

"Well then get out of your asshole mode".....did I tell you I have tourette's syndrome....where the heck did that come from?

He grabbed the hairbrush off the counter and did a number on my behind.  By the time he was finished, my mode had switched to sorry, sorry, you're right, I'll quit mode.

Sheesh, would someone please channel my brain and tell it to SHUT UP once in a while?  I gotta find a filter....

BTW....I was sweet as pie the rest of the evening...the homeowner even commented on what a wonderful couple we were...guess he didn't see the butt rubbing between rooms!!

3 comments:

  1. It sure sounds like tourette's syndrome to me!!! Hmmm, I heard there's a sale on duct tape at Home Depot! ;) Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks for clearing that up. I heard a LOT of thunder last night!! Come to think of it, I heard a lot of thunder today. Are you misbehaving again after having had the reset button hit?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara....where were you last night?? BTW...duct tape is the cure-all for EVERYTHING!!

    Rogue....I've been sweet as pie ALL DAY, ofcourse, he's been gone since 6 am...but still, I'm sweet as pie :)

    Neo-I think I deleted your comment by accident...so sorry! No worries, he was in complete control at all times..I think he might even have been a little amused....very little, but still..:)

    ReplyDelete