Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last Day in New Orleans

Before I even start this entry, let me make clear that I am very grateful for all I have been given.  I don't want to come off as a spoiled brat who only wants to whine.  Ok, that being said.....I WANT TO GO HOME!!

Don't get me wrong, I have had a wonderful time being away with K, even though I haven't gotten to see him much.  He leaves for work at 6 am and doesn't get back until 6:30...by the time we get some dinner, he's ready to hit the sheets.....to sleep (sigh).  Can't fault him for that, it hasn't been below 95 since we got here.

I miss my kids....and my house...and my bed.....and my maintenance.....and yes, even cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, etc, etc.  For those of you who have been working non-stop for the last week, I know you are rolling your eyes, but I can't help it.  I feel a bit out-of-sorts and I know K does too....it's time to go home.

I'm ready to get back to reality.  I need to return to our routine.  I need normalcy again...vacation is nice, but as Dorothy said,"there's no place like home".

2 comments:

  1. I don't feel sorry for you at all, LOL! I'm sure it's SUCH torture to travel! And I hate normalcy!

    But on the other hand, I do feel that way when we've gone to Texas and returned home...no poisonous snakes or scorpions here, no blisteringly hot weather, back to green trees and water everywhere..yeah, then I understand how you feel. And I agree, missing your kids gets hard, and nothing feels like your own bed. But I'm still jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kay,

    Like I said, not trying to sound like a spoiled brat....I really do appreciate the time away, but, man, it's nice to get back home!

    ReplyDelete