Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Friday, June 24, 2011

It's My Party....

I'm having a party..and all of you are invited...it's a great party...it's my pity party

I know you  know that we are in the process of moving (cue the death march).  It's actually going as well as can be expected.  The problem is I miss my K.  He is so incredibly busy at work..he has only had about 5 hours sleep in the last 3 days trying to meet a Sunday deadline.  It's just ridiculous how hard he is working.  I am trying so hard to be the support he needs when he calls home to see how the packing/sorting/trashing/donating is going....but darn it, I MISS HIM.  I miss his support, his humor, his very being.  (And I miss his muscle, but that's purely selfish).

I know he is doing what he has to for us..to support us...and give us all the things we need.   But I can't help being just a teeny bit resentful...stupid job...stupid deadline....stupid deal.  I want my man back....and I want him back NOW.

I know I have to share him right now, but I want to be the center of his attention.  Yes, I know, completely selfish, but this is my pity party and I'll bitch if I want to.  I know I really AM the center of his world, the most important thing, it's just so frustrating when he's so close...but so far away..(cue Carol King).  I know this too shall pass...we will be in our new house soon....together again....and I'll probably be complaining about how strict he is, etc, etc.   But for today....I miss him...I need him....I want him......

When he calls, I will put a smile in my voice, tell him how much I love and appreciate him, encourage him to get some sleep.......and save my pity party for after I hang up....

I promise, the next party I throw will be much more fun...maybe I'll have pony rides

7 comments:

  1. Awww, would balloons help cheer you up? A glass of wine and some really good chocolate? I don't blame you one bit for feeling sad (even tho it's not his fault)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K's sweetie,

    I know just how you feel. There have been many times in our marriage that I've had to suck it up and be the support that Daddy needs and when he comes back to me it's so sweet, but I'll agree, the wait is horrible! Good luck with waiting...

    Kitty

    P.S. I'd love to have you follow my blog:)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. K's sweetie,

    I so know what you're going through...it's so hard when life makes it impossible to really connect with your man.

    It sounds like you're doing a great job of holding it together. Good luck!

    Kitty

    P.S. I'd love for you to follow my blog:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Throw off the pity party and get busy making plans...for each box packed, for each crisis single-handedly averted by you, for the way you're taking care of business while HE takes care of business... you get a good girl spanking. Write it on an index card. It takes a lot to move. You should have a nice stack piled up when you get to your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand the missing part :( Hang in there! It will all be worth it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sara,
    Sniff..Sniff...yes, that would help very much thank you, but can I trade the wine for an ice cold beer? And maybe inhale the helium from the balloons...that cracks me up every time...just have to sing the munchkin song from Wizard of Oz.

    Kitty,
    Thanks for the encouragement...I really do need to just suck it up. I'll stop by your blog as soon as I get through this move.

    Rogue,
    I really think I might love you!! JK...that is a FANTASTIC idea...think I better buy 2 pkgs..there's only like 500 in a pkg :)

    SAM,
    You are so sweet to give me sympathy...my guy is just up the road..doesn't even compare to the missing you must be going through. Thank you on behalf of all of us for the sacrifice you both are making. And thanks for stopping by and commenting.

    Good News though...due to forces beyond my control...(read: kids are going to friends for the weekend), I am ditching the packing and going to find my man. We are going to stay in a hotel close to his office and shop so he can get to work quickly this weekend, but we will be TOGETHER!!! Rogue, I'm cashing in some cards if I can keep him awake...if not, I'll just watch him sleep....Happy Weekend All!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry! Sometimes all we need is sympathy! Tell him you want a few "poor baby"s but don't expect him to fix everything. You just need him!

    ReplyDelete