Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Saturday, June 11, 2011

So Long Baton Rouge

Today, we're saying good bye to Baton Rouge and hello to New Orleans.  I'm very excited to see this historic city.  I'm even more excited to have K to myself until Monday morning.  He has been working such long hours (getting up at 4 am til almost 6pm in 95plus heat) that when he gets back, all he wants to do is eat and go to sleep...and who can blame him. 

We are leaving at noon today to hit The Big Easy...and I can't wait!!  If you've been here before, do you have any suggestions of things I HAVE to see or do?  Everyone have a great weekend and try to stay cool.

2 comments:

  1. I used to go to New Orleans for New Years several years in a row. Lots of fun when we were in college. I haven't been there since Katrina, but I think they have done a good job of getting everything back to normal.

    You HAVE to go to Cafe Du Mont (or however you spell it) and have some benets. They are to die for.

    Walk around the french quarter and see all the street acts. Some are truly crazy and others are actually very good.

    There was a little gumbo shop that used to be in the french quarter just to the left of the big cathedral if you were looking at it head on that was some of the best gumbo I have had in my life. Just a little whole in the wall place, but awesome food. I think that it was simply called "the gumbo shop" but I could be remembering that wrong. I just remember that we would eat gumbo there anytime we were going to eat it. It was the best in town :)

    The obvious of taking a stroll down Bourbon Street. See it in the day time and at night. Two totally different experiences. The party never actually stops, but it truly is a different feel.

    The river walk is nice. Or at least the way I remember it anyway.

    I never really did anything that was not in walking distance of the french quarter because we had a friend with a little apartment in the french quarter and we would literally park our cars in a garage about 10 blocks away and we wouldn't see the car again for a week. We just walked everywhere and there was definitely plenty to do. :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestions, Muse!

    Have done some of them (Bourbon Street, Riverwalk), gonna hit Canal Street for some souvenir shopping today. Hoping to hit Cafe DuMond (sp?) tomorrow morning....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete