Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Spanking....Ragin' Cajun Style

Greetings from the Gulf Coast!!  I am in Baton Rouge for the next 4 days..then onto New Orleans for 5.  K is here on business and I'm tagging along for moral support (and pool time).  I have been looking forward to this get-away, for sooo long.  School is finally over and I'm ready for some down time, alone with K.  Nine glorious days of just the two of us!!

We need this time for a number of reasons.  We need to reconnect in our relationship.  I have been over the top with school stress, kid stress, parent stress, etc, etc.  He has had a whole other set of stressors also.  Even though he will be working during the day, we will have evenings (especially LATE evenings) to just be with each other...ahhhhhh.....and some Ragin' Cajun Spankin'!

K is normally very protective (some might even say possessive) of me when we are home...but here, he is really overboard. I am a very friendly and outgoing person who really doesn't know a stranger.  He knows the dangers of these areas and is a little worried.  I am working very hard to assuage his fears, while not losing myself and my inherent personality.  Deep down, I know he is right...this is not our safe little burg where we normally live and I need to keep my antennae up.  Sometimes, I forget that not all people have good intentions...some aren't even nice.  K reminds me of this alot.  I really am learning from him about these things.  He reminds me that I don't have to be nice all the time...especially to people (read men) that I don't know.  It's ok to be detattached and aloof (although he puts it in a little more vulgar way).

The older I get, the more I learn.  The longer I am with K, the more I learn also.  He makes me stronger and tougher...and I think I make him softer and gentler.  I like the way that works out!! 

So for now, Ciao, from Baton Rouge....I'm off to find some crawdads for dinner....NOT!! 

4 comments:

  1. I hear ya on this one. My man is waaaay too possessive. But, a lot of the time he's right about his concerns. He does teach me, when I listen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you could relate to this, Stormy. I agree with you in that alot of the time K is right...but that doesn't make it any less annoying, does it? I'm trying to work on the listening part and not fight back, just for fighting's sake...not an easy task! So far, I'm doing pretty good...ofcourse, we have 8 days left...so.......:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little green with envy that you're on vacation lol! Enjoy your hubby though...hope you have a great time and get to eat marvelous seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ashley! I'm working on both...one a little harder than the other...but you have to guess which one ;)

    ReplyDelete