Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Monday, June 20, 2011

The Big Move....FINALLY

It's going to be a crazy couple of weeks around here.  K and I are finally getting our house TOGETHER!!  No more packing and unpacking  every week.  I can't wait!  I wish I could just wiggle my nose and have the move done....I HATE MOVING!!

K and I know that the stress level is probably going to be through the roof for the next month of so.  We talked about it at length last night before our maintenance session.  We are trying to identify our pressure points and talk about ways to diffuse the situation.  Before TTWD, it would have been all out war between us...yelling, sulking, stony silence, etc. I can honestly say that I don't miss that.  I don't like being told what to do, and I REALLY don't like being spanked for my attitude, but it is comforting to know that there are boundaries which I shouldn't cross.  TTWD really forces me to stop and consider my words and tone before lashing out. In doing so, I find myself considering K's perspective more and more.

In our discussion last night, I found myself saying,"I need....." rather than "you should......."or "if you would only........"  TTWD makes me examine myself and forces me to communicate how I feel rather than automatically laying blame on K or expecting him to read my mind.  I think more marriages would benefit from this sort of introspection.

I will try to keep up with the blog as much as possible...please bear with me...I'll be back as soon as I can.

On a side note, our new house has an attached apartment separated by the garage.  K is going to use it as his satellite office...however, he has nicknamed it the "Spankatorium"....makes me sorta nervous and sorta turned on......stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. The "Spankatorium"....how perfect!:) I think every home should have one! Good luck with the move! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara-
    With 4 teenagers around plus they're assorted friends...I think it will be greatly needed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, that's funny. We have the shed..ugh.

    I agree, ttwd requires tat we dig deep and examine our thought, attitudes, and actions. It definitely makes me proceed with more purpose and less emotional outbursts.

    ReplyDelete