Second Time Submission

One couple's journey to happiness from Top to Bottom

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Here's To You

I am constantly amazed at the compassion and support I get through these blogs we all create.  Each one is so special and unique in it's own way...yet we all are striving for the same thing.....love, peace, and strength through TTWD...or Dd....or whatever you call it at your house.

I was a lurker for so long on so many different sites. What struck me was the comraderie that seemed to exist among all of you.  It was like you were all friends from way back, sharing history and stories, etc. 

I finally got the nerve to comment on Sara's blog....gulp.....but then, guess what?  She replied!!!  Holy cow....she really, really replied!!  I told her once I felt like I was talking to a rock star....she shrugged it off in her unassuming way, but she encouraged me and it's because of her that I decided to give my own blog a shot.

When I started my blog, I really just wanted to see if I could do it.  I had never tried anything like this before, but I love a challenge!  It was so exciting, yet nerve wracking at the same time.  Would anyone read it? Would anyone care what I had to say? Would I be able to keep it up?  Could I be as wise as Sara, as funny as Stormy, as interesting as Rogue.....what would you all think?

I remember typing my first post and nervously hitting the publish button.  I waited....and waited....and waited...guess I expected the trumpets to herald my arrival and for all of you to yell, "Finally!!" and come rushing in.  Strangely enough, that didn't happen  :)  But I was so proud of myself...so I kept posting...and lo and behold....one day I GOT A COMMENT!!! Honestly, you would have thought Ed McMahon himself was at my door!  I still get excited each time I log on and there's a notification!!  YAY!!

I didn't get many comments after that, and I got really busy...so I let it go...but then one day dancing princess left me the sweetest comment ever....she wanted to know more, and to not give up....so I didn't.

As the time has worn on, I have discovered something.  I have a whole new network of  "friends".  I wouldn't know you if we met on the street, but you have let me in your life and you've gotten a peek into mine.I have enjoyed learning each of your stories and I've learned a bit about each of you. I know Sara is so very wise, and understanding and compassionate.  I know that Stormy and Rogue crack me up with their stories, but they are always there with a comforting word or smile.  I know Kay and I are struggling to figure all this out....we just "get" each other.  I know Mick loves his wife and just wants to have a happy, loving marriage.  I know Neo Dom explains the male perspective very well and gives great advice.  I've met Bonnie, Heather, Ashley, PK, Cassie (wink), Annie, Laurie, JW, Kitty........and so many more.  I love reading all your entries.  Some make me smile, some make me cry, some make me laugh so hard I spit on my keyboard, some make me think.....but all of them give me comfort that I am not alone.  You understand.  You don't judge....you don't sugar-coat it either when necessary.......you offer support and advice and guidance.  So if I don't ever say it again...

THANK YOU BLOG FRIENDS.... You mean alot to me!!

11 comments:

  1. Aww! This was a sweet post! I totally agree about Sara, she was the first blog I read, and she seemed like a rockstar! She's so wise and has been doing ttwd much longer than me, so I always sent J posts from her blog. I still look up to her! She's kinda my DD hero!

    I am very glad that you kept at it! I love our DD community and it wouldn't be the same without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way....I could have written my post...In fact, in a few spots, it is very similar to my very first blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez Louise..."Rock star"? I am half blushing and half laughing! You two are too cute.

    K, I was glad to be able to encourage you to start blogging, happy that you took the step to add to the chorus of voices who do TTWD, who write about it, and who do support each other. It's wonderful being part of this community, and I am glad for each and every one of you too!

    Sara

    PS...so I am not as funny as Stormy, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I just melted. Thank you for the "awww" moment and I am honored to be included with these wonderful women. Sara said that we are a special club and I couldn't agree more. I'm very, very grateful for you all!! Keep up with the blogging, my friend, you are doing a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always rewarding to get comments. But, as you know as a lurker (former-lurker), there are plenty of people reading that don't comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! It takes courage to start commenting, but then it's as easy as falling off a lap!

    Sara's blog rocks!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather,
    Thank you for saying that! Wouldn't be the same without you either,

    First Mate,
    I need to go back and read one of your first posts. It's amazing how many times I'm thinking about something and then viola, it's on one of our blogs!

    Sara,
    You know how I feel about you. Thank you for all your advice and guidance. You help out more than you can ever know.
    BTW, I give you wise, understanding and compassionate...and now you want funny too???Sheesh....:)

    Rogue,
    I really love this club. My day is a little sunnier and happier each time I read your blog.

    Rich,
    You are absolutely right! I hope the lurkers get the courage to comment. I love your perspective.

    Hermione,
    I hate naming names b/c you always leave someone out that you kick yourself about later. You are definitely one of my favs!! Love your eclectic mix of entries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know what I do? I look at my stats now instead of going by the comments....because knowing that people are looking at my page is nice...even though I know they don't all comment. Anyways....your blog is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. K's sweetie--Aww, thanks for the mention! I am ROFL because I was the exact same way! Same trepidation, even same adoration feelings about Sara (okay, that's still the same, LOL!). I remember leaving my first comment, wondering nervously how it would be received. And being stunned by my words on "this subject" (that I'd never share with ANYBODY) suddenly right there for the whole world to see. It was like I half expected all my friends and family to start calling, saying they had seen it!

    Now I wonder why I waited so long! What an amazing thing to have a place we can say what we can't outside of here, and not only be accepted, but understood! To not being alone anymore! I'm happy to call you a friend, too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ashley,
    I do that too...it's kinda silly, but it makes me feel good :)

    Kay,
    It was a scary leap, but I'm so glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm late getting caught up on my reading and I wanted to thank you for the mention, Cassie too! I know exactly want you mean about the friendships here. As I look back I see when I began blogging as a significant changing point in my life. For the first time in nearly 50 years I could be my true self and discuss something important in my life that had been a complete taboo subject up until that time - even from my husband. I still consider the friends I've met here as my true closest friends. I've been lucky enough to meet 4 in real life and that's been amazing. But even those I haven't met and probably won't are special to me. I'm glad the same thing has happened for you.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete